Saturday, May 21, 2011

Two things (important thing)



First thing. I updated my profile. Amazing, huh? I even included a photograph. It was taken at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Mom and I, and Allison and Tim, went on this particular trip. Second thing. Grandpa DeGriselles has passed. I intentionally did not take our camera with me when I returned to Michigan for that quick trip after we'd heard of his hospitalization. I don't want to remember him as I saw him then, just before he passed. He was sickly and thin, he had horrible bruising from head to toe along the right side of his body. In spite of his general thinness, his arms, but particularly his legs, were swollen. I am glad I could be there for him, for Mom, and for myself. But I want to remember him as the strong man he was. And that's how I'd like you to remember him. Therefore, I am attaching two photographs for you. One was taken when he was a young soldier and paratrooper. The other was taken a number of years ago when Mom and I went back to Michigan (I think Tim and Allie were on this trip, someone correct me if I'm mistaken). Uncle Tom passed away while we were there (aunt Blanche's long term boyfriend), we attended the funeral, and then we went somewhere for a luncheon. The second picture was taken there. It's Grandma and Grandpa DeGriselles, as they sat across the table from us. I hope you enjoy them, and perhaps you will print them up for your own book of remembrance. Love, Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post. I remember that trip, and that is how I remember grandpa. Thank you for posting the pictures, I'd love to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics, I have actually never seen a picture of either Grandma or Grandpa so I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete