Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just gotta gush for a second...

Yes this is another post all about my baby girl complete with pictures but I can't help it...for a long time I didn't know if Matt and I were going to be able to have kids and now that we have one of the cutest babys (along side my amazing nieces and nephew) I can't help but want to talk about her 24-7.


It's hard for me to describe how amazing it is to be a mom. There's really nothing like holding your brand new baby and realizing you never new how much you could love another human being. It's hard though as well. Sleepless nights trying to get your baby to fall asleep and the complete 180 your life does. It really is a labor of love you wouldn't trade for anything.

Right around the time Abby turned 2 months old she started smiling and I can't even put into words how beautiful it is to watch your baby smile. Newborns don't really smile (well at least Abby never did) and since Abby has started to smile it's been a whole new world for us. It's amazing to watch her smile at me and Matt as soon as we come into a room. She looks at me and realizes it's her mommy and a huge grin comes upon her face and melts my heart. When she first started smiling it was a hit and miss kind of thing but now all we have to do is say "hi" and it's like we've made her whole world. She starts into a huge grin and then laughs and laughs and I feel like every dumb or stupid thing I've done in my life has been washed away as she looks at me and sees me. She sees her mommy who will never stop loving her, never stop wanting to make her happy and it's one of the greatest feelings I've ever had. My baby girl knows who her mommy is and I think that's pretty amazing!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, she is amazingly cute. I can't say much about being a mom, except they're always right, but I can say that being surrounded by these kids keeps me sane and grounded in the most important aspects of life.

    Both Luke and Leona had nightmares last night (well at least one of them did, the other may have played off the other but I can't definitevly say) and it was difficult at first to wake up and be with each one. But in the end, seeing them calm down and relax as I spoke with them and held them was great. It really is awesome being a dad (and an uncle - finally :).

    ReplyDelete