Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pacino and Other News

Some of you may have heard about this, so I wanted to let everyone know about it:

On Thursday morning Pacino was taken to the hospital after he regurgitated and became lethargic, he was then diagnosed with aspirated pneumonia. After several nail biting days, a couple visits to the animal hospital, anti-biotics, and many prayers he is on the road to recovery and getting back to his old self. There is still a rough two week period ahead of us and for him as he recovers.

In other news, my brother Todd and his wife Amy have the possibility to adopt two little girls from a woman in Utah, LDSFS is rushing the adoption due to the circumstances that the girls are in. The Primary paper work is to be done on Monday and hoping to have the adoption finalized in November. They could use some prayers to help them with this time and for the best thing to happen for the two girls.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear he pulled through . . . er, uhm, I'm so sorry to here the rat--I mean, I'm glad Pacino is doing better. :) Did you take him to the Vet? Glad to hear he's better. And we will keep your sister and family in our prayers. Todd and Amy--they're not the ones you're house sitting for, are they?

    We're hoping to make it up to see you this summer. You, Allison, and . . . the rat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hurt that Allison never called and told me. I am so upset. I will keep your brother in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd is the one who had the stroke. He has recovered leaps and bounds. He has had a full time job since the beginning of the year back in his old field even (website design).

    And Pacino is doing much better. We were really scared for a few days. Rats really shouldn't vomit because their wind pipes are so close to their food pies...Any way so him breathing it in almost made him drown on his own vomit :( It was really hard to see him like that. We took him to the Vet and they put him in an oxygen tank for a while. The vet was really worried about him too. (He is a very nice vet who loves rats too!)

    So after some nail biting days, Pacino has perked back up to his adorable self. We're still keeping an eye on him though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quote Dad, when he visited us in San Diego, upon first looking at Pacino and Guster in their cage, "They actually are pretty cute."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't myself that day. In fact, I don't remember that day. Or that trip. Did we ever actually visit you in San Diego?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And then you were astounded by Pacino playing ball with us at your house. You even said he was cute then :)

    ReplyDelete