Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Poem-Tastic

Here's one dad sent me:

"I ate a spider!" said the fly.
"It tasted bad I won't deny.
If I should eat another spider
I'll have to drink some apple cider
Then the taste will disappear
I won't eat one again I fear."

The spider said "I'm glad to know
That spiders taste so bad. And so
You will not mind if I relate,
The spider that you say you ate
Was my great aunt, I am displeased.
And so I'll tell you this to ease
Your pain as I do what I do."
And then without a howdy do
That spider ate the fly. Ew.

Adieu.


So here's one I sent him:

I'm so sorry, I can't deny
That is has been so long for me to reply.
My semester is coming to an end
So checking emails is not my trend.
I loved all your posts it's true
I apologize if not commenting made you blue.
I would love to see more pictures of your dad
And even hearing more poems would make me glad.
The fact that you use the blog makes me stoked
After finals I check more often if I haven't croaked.

But in all seriousness dad, thanks for all the giggles...
All this poem writing sure gets out my wiggles...
Gee now look what you've done,
Out of rhymes I will not run!
Please make this rhyming stop,
It is going to make my brain pop!

I have an essay to write
But if I don't stop rhyming I'll be up all night.
My essay will have lyrical prose
To which my professor may stick up her nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment