Saturday, July 30, 2011

Final post of the day




Furthermore, having a title and a label seems redundant. Nit wit programmers.

I include another picture of two.

And, information about good brother Thelin. He called last week and asked about a trial I was starting. I gave him some detail. It was a life case, I had some good issues for a change. (I tried one a couple weeks ago, also life exposure, that had NO issues, until I created some, most creatively. Still I lost! :) ) He then texted me today and asked how it went: my pretrial motions, jury selection, the trial itself. I wrote him back; I told him I ran some motions; I lost some and won some. These "in limine" motions are an interesting part of trial, and the defense winning some is always a good thing. I then told him something happened during voir dire. (French for "to tell the truth" and our phrase for jury selection. By the way, as an aside, a good part of our present day legal terminology comes from French, thanks to William the Conqueror. More on that to anyone who asks for details.) The jury panel, about forty of them, were sworn to tell the truth, then the two attorneys were able to ask them questions about themselves to see if they would be able to be fair in this particular case. I told Tim he would have to call me to find out what happened. And I'm telling all of you the same thing. Respond to this post, inquire, comment, express a desire to know. And perhaps I'll tell you what happened. There were actually two things that happened. One has happened only once in my legal career. The other has never happened in my legal career, nor in anyone else's legal career as far as I can determine.

There you go. Pictures hereto attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment