Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Day!

So I've received posted that Matt, after six years of working at Wal-Mart and spending almost five years of those looking for a better job, was hired at Batteries Plus+ and we were very excited! We were hoping he would get hired on their bookkeeping position but instead was hired as a retail sales rep. It was a job so we were grateful, well....

I can officially call my hubby an Accountant now! Matt got offered a job at Southern Utah Valley Electric Service District (try saying that ten times really fast).

He will be working in Payson (about two miles from our house) and I couldn't be more excited for him! He will be working with a group of accountants as an assistant accountant. He will help them out with day-to-day items and he will get so much experience from this job which will be awesome! Right now Matt has his Associate in Accounting and is working towards his Bachelors (which he should get next year). I think this job will be perfect while he is going to school and will look awesome on a resume. It's also something that Matt has been looking to do for a long time now. Plus he gets weekends and holidays off which I don't think he has had off for close to ten years now! He starts on Monday and I am just so proud of him!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you. Getting a foot in the public sector is awesome (more-so than you even now realize). I hope this turns into something even better in the future. You guys really deserve this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so happy for you two! We have been praying for a LONG time that he would find a different job. I'm so happy he did and that it's in his desired field!

    And I agree with Thom, it is very exciting to be getting into the public sector! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the best news ever. I can't believe the job is so close to home. The only better news would be that it was here in Apple Valley. Miss you guys and Abby. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete