Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Matt's B-day!

My amazing hubby just celebrated his b-day and you know we had to make a weekend of it! Matt turned 35 on Sunday, October 2nd so we started the celebration on Saturday and had a ball!

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early (Matt had a test to take that day) and Matt opened up a card I gave him with some coupons. I gave him two coupons, one for a "Discovery Flight" which we had to postpone until his eye gets better, and the other for a weekend get-away to Park City. He seemed pretty excited for the day ahead!





Sadly my camera broke so we had to take it back to Best Busy to get fixed (which they said they would do for no charge, gotta love warranties!!) so there weren't many pics from our activities on Saturday but we had a blast! First Matt had to take a test which wasn't so fun but then right after we went to In-N-Out (one of Matt's favorites) and enjoyed some yummy food! Abby seemed to enjoy it too!





My buddy Claudia and her two daughters watched Abby Saturday and had a fun slumber party! Claudia is the best ever and I am so glad she was willing to watch Abby for us. After we dropped off Abby we headed up to Park City for the day and night. We went to the outlets and did some shopping and just had so much fun! Matt wanted to get some Christmas shopping done for me so we looked at clothes and I got a lot of good stuff...sadly I wont get to wear any of it until after Christmas. We also bought Abby a lot of Christmas presents which was nice. Later that night we went to dinner at the Blue Iguana and the food was amazing! We spent the night in Park City and the next day we picked up a very happy Abby from Claudia's. Thanks again chica! On Sunday we enjoyed watching conference, relaxing, and Matt opening his birthday presents from Abby. He got a mouse-pad for work with pictures of Matt, myself, and Abby, he also got a new shirt and the tv show Leverage season 4. Good times for sure!!










Later that day we all went out to dinner at Red Robin for dinner with my family. It was a bitter-sweet dinner since we were celebrating Matt's birthday but also it was the last time Austin would be having a family dinner with us for over two years. Still hard to believe he will be leaving on the 12th, just over a week away. We enjoyed good family and good company!








I always love spoiling my hubby on his birthday! He does so much for our family (works, goes to school full-time, is the most AMAZING dad ever!!!) and its always nice for me to let him know how much I love him! Matt truly is the best husband and father ever, he is so kind and patient and just so full of love. He would do anything for his family and he deserves so much for all he does. I love you so much Matt and I hope you had the best birthday ever!!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures and that you guys look like you are doing so well. I glad you can spoil Matt also. We are looking forward to seeing you in November. Love Much MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, i love you guys alot! I am just glad Abby was able to help her dad open his presents.

    ReplyDelete