Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween + Creative Wife + Kids = Total Awesomeness

So I have to share with everyone some photos of this year's halloween. All three of the kids loved it. We had a complete blast as a family up here. Not to say that we didn't have our mishaps, but it was still great.
Our halloween weekend started out Friday night at the Ward Halloween...oops, I mean, Harvest Festival/Chili Cook-off that everyone just happened to show up at in costume and pass out candy (our Bishop isn't a big fan of halloween, silly guy. I actually had to explain to him who the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is, that was interesting.)

The party was fun and everyone loved the costumes. We arrived in grand style with Sarah's handy-work: She Luke and Leona dressed as GhostBusters while Emma was Slimer and I was the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. It was great. The only part I did was the Proton Packs, which actually performed well. They had flashing lights and shot Silly String (watch the video for a better view). The whole outfits got rave reviews and the kids were like little celebrities as all the other kids oogled the proton packs.

Sarah's chili verde won "Best Tasting," for the second time. Then came the candy. I didn't realize just how much the kids had amassed until we were driving home and Luke said, "I don't feel very good. My stomach hurts." To make a long story short, he threw up twice that night with this nasty, chunky, sweet smelling stuff that still makes me twitch.

After the night passed, Luke had his soccer game on Saturday at 10am, then he and Leona went to a B-day party at 12, then the North Shore Elementary school halloween festival at 2:30pm. Bussy day with lots of sugar and running around. Leona won best home-made costume while Luke was waiting in line trying to win a Beta fighting fish (they ran out like 4 people in front of us). But it was still fun. That night we carved pumpkins.

Sunday was more mellow. More candy consumed, no sore stomachs, and more room in the buckets for Monday Night.

This evening we took the kids over to the village before dinner and before it got crazy. They got more candy and had fun shooting random ghosts with their silly string. We left with full buckets for the trailer park and stopped in at home. For dinner we had mummy dogs. We ended the night with a short walk through the Whispering pines trailer park.

Bussy weekend, but it was a blast. The kids are wiped out, as am I and Sarah. Enjoy the photos.















5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE COSTUMES!!!!!! You guys did such a great job! I can't believe you made their proton packs shoot silly string, it's so awesome! Great job! I'm glad you all had so much fun and that your costumes were such a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at the fun and amazing talent put into these costumes. I have loved every year that have been put up. I so need to work on my costumes (I didn't even dress up today). But I did on the 21st so I did do it for this year. Sarah you have some amazing talent. To sum it up you are just awesome, Thom is one lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRUD!!!! I HAVE THE CUTEST NIECES AND NEPHEW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! LOL! You guys are so talented and creative!!! Can't wait to see ya in less then a month now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out this link for some more cool photos of Big Bear Halloween stuff. http://kbhr933.com/current-news/halloween-village-2011/

    ReplyDelete