Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Now it is time to job hunt

It is scary to think that I am now able to work as a nurse and soon I will be taking my boards. I am so excited. There is a program at a hospital down in Ann Arbor that would be wonderful to try out. They give 8 weeks for a new graduate nurse to train before they take there boards (the Graduate nurse has to take their boards with in 8 weeks of starting. Then they give another 8 weeks to train while waiting for the license to come in. Then another 10 months to train the nurse on the floor before they are set loose on all the patients. So it would give me a year to work on being comfortable on the floor. It would be amazing to have that long till I had to be on my own. So pray for me that I am able to get into the program. I am also going to apply to the University of Michigan. I want to attend there for my masters, I believe it is number 5 (or 8) in the United states for the Midwife program. So I am totally excited. Just wanted to let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything Danielle!!! I know you are going to be an AMAZING nurse (even if you don't move out here to do it). We are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete