Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's Alive!

My laptop battery died when I went to the hospital and I just now got my replacement in the mail.  This means that I can finally give you all an update on our little girl (I'm not going to lie though, it was really nice to have these past three weeks computer free).

We have had quiet a roller coaster here since we came home from the hospital with our little bundle.  Fortunately my parents were here for the first week of it which helped tremendously.  We then had a few days solo until Tim's mom, her husband Kurt, and his sister Catie came to help, they leave tomorrow morning.  It has been such a relief having help, as of tomorrow, though, we are officially solely responsible for this little persons life.

From the beginning Adelaide was losing a bunch of weight.  Yes, newborns do that, but she was losing more than the doctor was comfortable with and she then was not putting any of it back on.  Come to find out, I am not producing enough milk for her so the poor thing was working hard to get fed, but was getting nothing.  You know those chubby cheeks that she had?  They were completely gone.  Last Friday we had to begin supplementing her diet by giving her a bottle of expressed breast milk (what little I have) and formula.  I always knew breastfeeding would be hard, but I never realized it could be this downright impossible.  I am on a medication to help my milk come in and I am pumping to build up a demand.  Soon we will start trying to get her off the bottle again.  BUUT the great thing about her being on the bottle now is that those adorable little chubby cheeks are starting to come back.

Unfortunately with my recovery, Tim's crazy school schedule, and Adelaide's weight problems (and gassiness from the bottle) we have not been able to take many pictures.  Fear not, we have made sure pictures were being taken.  My parents and Tim's family have been at the ready.  The only problem is that we have to wait for them to get those pictures to us.  In the mean time, here are some pictures we do have.




My little snuggler


Our family photo.  She is two and a half weeks old here.


Adelaide and I talking after she was done eating breakfast


Not to be forgotten, here are some pictures from Timothy's birthday.  It was the 26th.  His family was in town for it which was a great gift all on its own.

What a happy birthday boy!

Filet mignon, hasselback potatoes, and asparagus with bacon.



Fruit basket cake: each layer has fruit in between.  From bottom layer to top it has strawberries, kiwis, pineapple, bananas, and the top has roasted coconut.

I got Tim his birthday present at the beginning of February, I knew I wouldn't have time near his birthday to get it.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics, Addi is adorable!

    Sorry to hear about all the problems with breastfeeding, if it was up to me the guys would be the one in charge of that...seems only fair right?! I hope things get better, we are all praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete