Friday, April 22, 2011

heya everybody!!!

SO just an FYI just about to hit Alma... My target to stay on target is get through alma in a week... SHould be murder but ill get it done and at the end only have 160ish left.

I just wanted to talk about real quick how in The Isaiah chapters of 2nd nephi almost EVERY chapter it had a verse about "if you are prideful, you will fall by the sword." Just seems Isaiah REALLY wants to get the point across. Dont be prideful. And of course i think its very interesting just the progression of time so far in the books. It goes where chapters and chapters are spent at one time then in two pages 100 years go by. Even one of the people in Omni wrote "i am no prophet, but i am the only one who can write this so i must keep this going."

How is everybody else doing??

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing pretty good. My goal is a chapter every day (with the book I am reading one chapter can be up to 10 pages sometimes) and it's been really good! I have really enjoyed the insight I am receiving and it's been fun to talk about it with Matt since we are only a few chapters away from each other.

    One thing my book pointed out that I thought was really interesting was that Joseph Smith Senior actually had a dream (I think several actually) that was quite similar to Lehi's vision of the tree of life. What's even cooler is that Joseph Smith Sr. had the dream BEFORE Joseph Smith Jr. even translated the plates. I can't imagine how amazing it would be to have this dream and then read about it years later in the Book of Mormon. It's definitely an uplifting story to me about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Responding to Tim, excellent! You make good points. Keep up the good work. Hope things are going well. The foot pain by the way turns out to be a mild case of gout.

    In response to Britt, I had a similar experience: it's recorded in my personal history (not my journal).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really neat Dad!

    Today I just read 1 Nephi 13 and towards the end of the chapter Nephi gets the opportunity to find out what will happen to his 'seed' and it reminds me a lot of a patriarchal blessing. I have never thought about it that way and it was really interesting. I have my blessing in a spiritual journal and just within the last few years I have been reading it more and more and it's been such a wonderful and comforting blessing to have. I testify of it's truthfulness in my life and I am grateful I have been able to live in such a way to see some of it's blessings come true (ie Abby).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing great but with reading I need to do more. I'm walking about 1 1/2 miles three days a week now at work it is great. I will work harder on the reading part. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete