Monday, January 31, 2011

There's just not enough baby talk!

So all this baby talk is making me feel guilty for not posting more about our little Abster (yes that is one of her many nicknames we have found ourselves using). Abby is doing amazing, she is such a good baby (though I really don't have anything to compare her too...we may find out with our next kid that she is a little trouble-maker but for now she is a pretty dang good baby!)

It's true Matt and I haven't had a full nights sleep since she was born (which trust me we aren't surprised in the least about) she does sleep pretty good and I think we are really lucky. The best night we've had so far was when she only woke up once around midnight and then slept until 8am, talk about a good baby!

No offense to everyone out there but I think I can honestly say Abby is the cutest baby in the world! Matt and I make pretty stinkin cute babies just saying. She is constantly making the cutest faces and thankfully I have been able to capture a couple of them on camera. She isn't smiling a ton yet but every once in awhile she sneaks one and it's adorable! I can't wait until she is smiling and laughing all the time.

Matt and I have come to the conclusion that Abby is pretty smart cookie! She is always looking around, observing everything she can. She loves looking at lights, peoples faces, and whatever tv show mom has on at the moment. She loves her binky and though she knows how to yank it out of her mouth she always knows how to maneuver it back in. What a smart little lady!

She absolutely loves being held 24-7! Matt says she is like her mom and hates to be by herself, I think I agree. Whenever she falls asleep if we try to put her in her cradle she starts crying. Once she is being held again though she instantly falls back asleep. She is just so at ease when she is in someones arms (and so far it can be just about anyone's arms which makes it nice for me). She can also tell the difference between our bed and her cradle and pretty much hates her cradle. I can't blame her though, our bed is pretty stink soft and cozy!

I can't wait for all of you to meet our little baby girl. I know by far she has the best family out there! For now we'll have to keep you all in the loop via pictures, enjoy!


Check out that grin!

She just loves being held

Like mother like daughter

Sometimes she can be a little crazy!

She's got the binky down!

3 comments:

  1. She is cute. I can't wait to see her either. I love babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is changing so fast. Thanks for the pictures. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great! She is such a pretty girl. I'm glad you guys are enjoying her for the most part. Good luck with the whole sleeping thing.

    ReplyDelete