Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Update

I realized that I have not kept you all as well informed about this new baby coming as I should so I will try to make it a little better now. The baby is due in two weeks (Feb. 4th) which means anytime now. They give you a due date and then say that anytime give or take two weeks is normal. So, anytime in the next month, the baby should be here. Luke was born two weeks late but Leona was born the day after her due date, so I expect this one to be right around the due date too. The Big Bear hospital does not deliver (they will air-lift you off the mountain) so we will be going down to Apple Valley to St. Mary's hospital. It should work out well because mom and dad are down there and I was born at St. Mary's so that's kind of cute.
We do not know if the baby is a boy or girl which is driving me crazy, but Thom thinks is fun. At least we have everything that we need because we kept everything from Luke and Leona, but now I have double the stuff out waiting so it's a bit crowded. Also, I wish I could call the baby a him or her and start to bond that way and help the kids prepare better. But it will be exciting to hear "it's a girl" or "it's a boy." My grandpa keeps teasing me about it being twins which I feel confident that it is not! After seeing a friend pregnant with twins, this is not how it usually goes and I do not want to experiance how it would be.
Anyway; Names... We have names picked out but are still "discussing" the details of them. If it's a girl we want to name her Emma-Lee Ann. Thom does not like the hyphen though so we'll have to see how that turns out. We like it because we really like the names Emma and Emily so this was a way to do both. Also, my mom's middle name is Ann and Sharon's middle name is Lee so that makes it a fun family name too. If it's a boy his first name will be Robert after my grandpa and we'll call him Bobby which is just too cute! But we are "discussing" the middle name. I like Robert Donald after both grandpas Huntsinger and DeGriselles but Thom likes Robert Valin from family history. I must admit that Robert Valin is cooler, but I like the grandpa names, so again, we'll have to see how that turns out.
Mostly we are doing well and very ready for this baby to come. The kids are way excited so hopefully they will be just as happy once the baby does come. I know Luke will be great, but Miss Leona is questionable. We'll try to keep you better updated from here on, but there won't really be much to report until those contractions start (hopefully soon).

9 comments:

  1. What happened to Alexander Le Grande DeGriselles??

    If it is a boy, we fully intend on calling him Robby...Unless he is on a tricycle...Then we will have no choice but to call him Bobby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Robert Valin! A lot! It sounds cool and with Emma-lee how else would you write it so people wouldn't say emily all the time. I guess you could put Emma Lee but some might think that as her first and middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby Valin sounds like the coolest stage name... YOU MUST NAME HIM BOBBY VALIN AND TEACH HIM TO BE AN EPIC GUITARIST! Or just name him Bobby Valin so i can call him Valin... I also think that if you have a boy he will have at least 6 different nicknames from his family so he can tell who writes him which birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH and the whole if its a girl thing, im not too sure... But its going to be Triplets anyway so why only one name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Sarah wrote it with a hyphen. Where is the hypen on the name fill-in section of the star testing. Who would like to be called Emma hyphen Lee. Sounds too much like someone couldn't make up their mind so they stuck a hyphen in there. Emma Lee is pretty, cute, and civilized. Not to mention you can properly fill out scantrons or those bubble name things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am holding Alexander LeGrande in my back pocket for the off chance the triplet pops out (Alexandria or Alexandretta for a girl). But when all is said and done, it only comes down to who gets the birth certificate paperwork first...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew i girl named La-a and it was pronounced Lah dash Ah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well La dash ah is so much better than La-a, where did you even get that name?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about EmmaLee? No space. That's how a lot of girls names are done. My sister in laws name is MarKay. Our cousins name is SarahLyn. Or like the name MaryKate...

    ReplyDelete