Sunday, January 16, 2011

Temple Blessings

Tim and I "got" to give talks in sacrament today. I gave mine on temple blessings. I really did enjoy this topic. I could only think of good examples and stories and the most positive experiences. It brought a peace to me. I thought I would post some pictures of the temples that mean the most to me.


The Washington D.C. Temple where mom and dad were sealed together.



The Las Vegas, Nevada temple where I did baptisms for the dead. I also did the work for great Aunt Eva whom I was named after.


The San Diego, Ca has always seemed to be one of the most beautiful temple created...and it's in one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.


The Los Angeles, Ca temple is where Timothy and I first were able to make regular temple visits. I was able to learn how important returning often to the temple was here during our first year of marriage.


The Oakland, Ca temple. Oakland is probably in the worst city I have yet visited, but when you're on the temple grounds, it is absolutely worth the trip. This temple is quite literally an oasis and is again our temple.

And of course the Redlands, Ca temple. Timothy and I were sealed for time and all eternity in this gorgeous little temple. I also was able to work as a volunteer for the open house.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for the awesome post Alli! My favorite temples would include...

    The Mt. Timpanogos Temple (it was the first temple I ever went inside when I went to the open house when I was 11 years old and of course because it was the temple I got my endowments out and was sealed to Matt in)

    The Provo Temple (this is the temple where Matt and I went the most often when we first got married, like Alli said with regards to the Los Angeles temple it is where we were able to make regular visits)

    The Salt Lake Temple (not only because it's just beautiful but because it is the temple both of my grandparents were sealed in)

    There are many more temples I love for many other reasons, the Redlands Temple because of the opportunity it gave Matt and I to witness Alli and Tim get married, the Draper Temple as it's been such a beautiful temple for us to go to and we were able to go to the openhouse, and of course the San Diego is breathtaking! I just love the fact that it's always so peaceful in the temple and there is a spirit there that is hard to feel anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great reminder that we all need to visit the temple as often as possible. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't have picked more beautiful and awe-inspiring temples. I concur with your comments on the Oakland Temple: crazy city, bad vibe, but wonderful temple and grounds. Have you seen it during Christmas yet? Even better.

    ReplyDelete