Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good morning all. I just noticed something on this blog site. "Be nice to your kids. They may choose your nursing home." A couple of thoughts. First, no nursing home for either of us. Period. When the time comes, we have plenty of back yard. Put us down, bury us in the back forty. Second, just in case any of you have forgotten, we have been nice to you. So, if choose you must, choose wisely. Third, any such facility, to BE chosen, must have an ample library. And I don't mean a selection of magazines like "Entertainment." Poor library and I will be back to haunt you. Nightly and loudly. Finally, I prefer being put up in one of your homes rather than in a nursing home. How else can I provide your just desserts, for all those years of raising the lot of you? Diaper changing, spoon feeding; I mean, it could be loads of fun for you. At least for us . . . :)

3 comments:

  1. Fear not...The more I see nursing homes, the less I want you guys there. Of course, your backyard offer does sound like a good alternative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Allison. Nursing homes aren't the best. Sadly some people have no family who wants to take care of them. Nursing homes don't have enough of a variety of anything. It would be so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this guy who knows a guy... well it doesn't really matter how we know him, but we know this guy. He's a good family man, and he can get me this stuff. Now this stuff isn't just any stuff. It is "the" stuff. The stuff that will make all your bad dreams go away. This stuff is what I will give you when you live at our house. A nursing home might not be so bad.

    ReplyDelete