Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just a little fender bender...

Just the other day I was thinking how amazing it was that Matt and I drive almost 30 miles to and from work every day and we haven't been in any major accidents...well I guess I should have knocked on wood! LOL! On Sunday, November 28th while Matt was driving to work in our truck a car hit some black ice and ran into him. All things considered we are very grateful it wasn't as bad as it could have been. For starters Matt wasn't hurt (well maybe a sore neck and back) and the damage to the truck wasn't half as bad as I was expecting. True the truck isn't looking as nice as it was before...


But I was quite surprised the damage wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Matt was able to drive the truck after the accident and even went to work (what a trooper!) The good news is it wasn't Matt's fault and so their insurance (not ours) is going to be taking care of the costs. We just had the damages estimated and it looks like it should only take about a week to get it all fixed. Not a fun situation by any means but just glad we are all safe and it's not as bad as it could have been.




Another thing we are very grateful for is the fact that I wasn't in the truck when it was hit. It may not have been that bad of accident but we feel very fortunate we didn't have to go to the hospital to make sure Abby is ok. We know the big guy is watching out for us!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, we're glad all is well too. Car accidents are terrifying enough. I hope Matts' soreness went away rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he was driving the truck and not the car and that you were not in the vehicle at the time. If Matt was sore it could have been worse for you. Is Matt doing ok now. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think any soreness he got from the accident is gone now...he is still a little sick but that's from a cold he has had. Gotta love being a sick for the holidays, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, for the accident, I'm no longer sore. I think I am over my head cold, but it has mutated into a nasty chest cold. I can feel a weight on the chest and it feels like I have a humidifier in my chest going full blast.
    Other than that the truck is in the shop being fixed.
    I have to admit, I wasn't super scared, I was more surprised and annoyed. I was also glad Brittany wasn't in the car.
    Isn't the saying alls well that ends well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick update: We got the truck back yesterday and it both looks good and is running good, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete