Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Second Time is the Charm

Dear DeGriselles family members,
This is attempt number two to create a place for the family to all come together and update each other. I spoke with Timothy and tried to think about why the group site failed. We decided that out of a number of things that it mainly was out of the way and not incredibly user-friendly. We thought maybe a blog site would be easier.
I want to point out from the start that this blog is not to replace the blogs that family members already have, but to support them. We have all the blogs to the right for everyone's convenience!
The features that the blog has is that we can have upto 100 people be authors on a blog. This means that (and I still have to figure this all out which may take some time so I ask that you all bear with me) everyone from the family can log on and post something for the rest of the family and comment on each others posts. I hope we can use this site as a place to update each other in a less obtrusive way as facebook and more conveniently than mass emails.
The great things we can all do here is:
-Post pictures
-Let the family know we updated our personal blogs
-Give "personal" updates about milestones or setbacks that we want to share with family but not the whole world
-Plan upcoming trips together
-And to just communicate with each other in general.
PLEASE PUT THIS SITE AS YOUR HOMEPAGE or IN YOUR BOOKMARKS AT THE VERY LEAST. This will help us all go back and check often. I also put every ones emails into the mail list so we all should get emails when someone has posted here.
Again, I am still working this all out, but I wanted to let you all know about this new idea Timothy and I had.
Leave a comment and share what you think!

9 comments:

  1. Interesting problem . . . I don't like to blog... I would rather chat on the phone . . . But hey I do like reading your stuff when you post it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. My idea for this blog isn't necessarily to "blog" though. I am hoping that it's more of an update to help involve the WHOLE family. It can be very time consuming (and some family members always get left out)to tell each individual how something is going. Like when Tim moved to Utah, he could have placed a quick blurb on here to let us all know that he was moving for school out to Utah. Or mom could have posted on here say that she needed Christmas lists...It's just to help us all stay updated in each others lives because, let's face it, how many of us call ALL 6 siblings and 2 parents when something happens? I also want to do fun polls and things on here...maybe on Sundays we can all post our favorite spiritual thought of the day...Just a place to unify our lives and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like this idea. especially thinking about "oh i totally thought i told you i was moving to Utah..." but how can we all post stuff on here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, have you accepted the author request? After the first email, it sent a second requesting you to be an author. If you click the link provided in your email it will bring you to a page to create your google or blogger account. When you create an account you become an author, hence you will be able to post. And I'm glad you like it, I wasn't sure if I had the right email address for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha now im an author... i didnt even see that email. But ya it will work out alot for our random questions and all that that we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well per Allie's request she said I should put something up here. So here you go...

    SOMETHING!!








    Funny thing is that is exactly what dad would do!

    I guess Daughter like father :)

    See Allie, that is why I am his favorite ;)

    ANYWAYS she really wanted to have me post is that I get to try to break boards in karate next week. Hopefully I don't break anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crepes for Christmas eve dinner. Anyone for Chinese take out?

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. CREPES????? The skinny pancakes with no taste? Until you add something to them? Is THAT what we're talking about? "Eh" doesn't quite convey my thoughts on the subject. Let's say the idea is a real snorkel twister. As in twisting the snorkel when the diver is underwater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am I not getting this? Nobody seems to respond to other person's postings. Also, please see the comic Batman's mother on Britt's page!

    ReplyDelete