Monday, November 29, 2010

Dad's Email

I'm not going to let you give up on this site yet Dad!
I'm sending this because my postings on the family website haven't had responses: maybe this is just easier. Also, I've sent this to a number of duplicate e-mail addresses. Not duplicates, but I have more than one e-mail address for some of you. Tell me which ones are old, no good, etc. And, Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part One was great! Can't wait for the grand finale!!!

Now, Christmas. Thom and Sarah and the babies will spend Christmas Eve in Big Bear with Rick and Jo. They'll have their own family time Christmas morning, then come down to Apple Valley to join us. We suggest that we have our traditional Christmas Eve dinner on Christmas day, perhaps early afternoon. Mom and I are thinking of something more . . . "traditional" for Christmas Day, such as a spiral ham or roast beast. We could then do a collection of odd things for our Christmas Day dinner when Thom, Sarah and the kids are here. Perhaps Chinese, perhaps crepes, perhaps "a little bit of this, a little bit of that." What do you think?

Finally, we'd like to have a sharing time, perhaps before lunch, after opening presents, or perhaps after dinner and clean up. We'd like to have a quiet time, opening and closing with prayer. Beforehand, each of us can think about it and come with with one scripture about Jesus Christ and be prepared to share it during that time. How does that sound?

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully dad reads this, but Dad i really do like the idea of spiritual thought and a good time to just share our thoughts. Also i like food. I like eating food. I will eat delicious food of any kind any time of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A traditional Christmas Eve dinner and a different Christmas Day dinner sounds like tons of fun to me.
    I also like the idea of a quite family home evening activity. Maybe after dinner and clean up so we can just relax together without the worries of trying to get dinner done.
    Thanks for letting us know of the plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I up and running now? I believe I did this before--create a blog account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tada! Yes now you have an account AND are an author on this account. Yay, I was hoping we could figure this out.

    ReplyDelete