Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weight Check

We went in for Addie's Two month check up on April 13th to find out that our little miss had gained maybe half of what she was supposed to.  Ideally she should gain one ounce a day, give or take a little, which works out to five to eight ounces a week.  So on April 13th she weighed in at 9 pounds 11 ounces.  April 25th (twelve days later) we were happy to see she weighed 10 pounds 5 ounces (10 ounces more).  Today, May 9th, (14 days later) she weighs 11 pounds 2 ounces.  13 ounces gained.

So everything seems to be doing just fine with her weight gain now.  We're back on track.  I guess all she needed was more fluid ounces per feeding.  Might I be the first to say, "oops."  At first I felt terrible, but lets be honest, this wont be the last time I find myself saying "oops" while raising our family, this was caught before it was a problem, and it has been easily remedied.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely not the first and definitely not the last, but when we know better we do better. That's so awesome with little Addie. I was actually just looking on my blog at Abby's 2 month stats and she was 11lb 6oz so Addie is definitely in good company!

    ReplyDelete