Thursday, May 24, 2012

Trials

No photos, no videos, just me.  I won a "not guilty" in Danny Ho's assault trial yesterday.  We were in trial six days.  The jury was out less than fifty minutes.  I gave one of my better closing arguments.  Somewhere during trial, though, I sent the high desert chief, Mark Shoup, an email stating that trials were for young pups, and not for old dogs like me.  I advised him that trials should be assigned to the young pups, and that the old dogs should be left to do what what they do best: snarl and growl, stare over the top of their glasses, and occasionally mark their territory, as in "This is my Constitution Mr. DA, and I don't want you doing your business on it!"  He said he nearly fell out of his chair laughing.

1 comment:

  1. Dad, you are awesome! I love reading your posts. I even shared the whole bit of growling and snarling with a friend. It was great!

    ReplyDelete