Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day and catching up with the folks!

Our Valentine's Day this year was pretty stinkin awesome! The day before Valentine's Day Matt's folks and grandparents drove out from California to drop Matt's brother Tim off at the MTC on February 15th. On the 13th they stopped by our place to visit for a little bit. We definitely don't get to see them as much as we like so it was such a great opportunity to catch up!


These are Matt's grandparents (they are the cutest couple ever), they are Matt's mom's folks. It was so much fun to see them interact with Abby, what a special couple.


Abby and grandma just discussing life.

Grandpa trying to tickle Abby, lol.

It was so cute because Abby loves her "Ten Monkey's On The Bed" book and had everyone read it to her while we were visiting. Her favorite part is when the doctor says "No more monkey's jumping on the bed!" and after her grandma read her the book she yelled out "No more monkey's jumping on the bed!" as clear as day, it was so cute!!

On Valentine's Day morning Matt and I got up early and exchanged gifts. We are so bad about waiting to open gifts, both Matt and I get to excited!



Matt always spoils me like crazy! He got me some new shoes, a wallet, and three movies!




I tried to spoil Matt, though I never seem to outdo him. I got him some new shoes as well, some candy, and a new xbox controller in his favorite color orange (Which turned out to be a lot more difficult them I thought. We will just say I know all the details inside and out of a controller, lol.)


We got Abby this little "Love Monkey". Last year my mom got Abby a sock monkey so I think monkey's on Valentine's Day will be a new tradition!

The rest of the day we spent with Matt's family catching up and trying to spend as much time together before Matt's folks and grandparents leave on Wednesday, February 15th. At one point we went to the Mall and I just had to take the following pictures of Abby and this cute hat...



What a cute girl!

Later that night we enjoyed dinner at La Dolce Vita, my favorite restaurant ever!! I am so glad we had some time to spend together and especially to spend with Tim before he leaves to Honduras. Gotta love my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment