Monday, February 13, 2012

A new missionary

As we're getting ready to leave this morning, I thought I'd let you know how beautiful the setting apart was last night. President Garrick handled it in a very humble and sweet fashion. We were able to have Tim's bishop, and out bishop there (we caught our bishop in the hallway). Everyone shared their testimony. Mom and Dad Huntsinger were invited to share their thoughts if they wished, and Dad spoke for just a moment before he choked up. It was a beautiful experience, considering the fact Mom and Dad H. were there with us. (Earlier in the day Tim and I consecrated oil for him to take with him. I thought we would do it in the bedroom, but then felt we could explain it to Mom and Dad. We did, first sharing with them the scripture in James that talks about calling in the elders and anointing the head with oil. We then consecrated some. I felt it was a good missionary opportunity.) Also, I think that was the first time Tim had the hands of four bishops on his head at one time! (President Garrick and I have both served as bishops.) We found out President Garrick was serving his mission in Michigan while Mom and I were there. I was serving a stake mission and we were newly weds as of December 19, 1975. He started his mission in 1975. We left for school later in the year 1976. Small world . . . Love all of you, Dad. (I know you are, but it's my duty as patriarch to remind you to keep Allie and Tim and Adelaide in your prayers at this special time for them.) Love, Dad

1 comment:

  1. It is a small world. Tim is going to be a great missionary...as long as his hair doesn't get in the way.

    Anyways, have a great trip. We'll miss you Tim. We'll also pray for you and send you care packages.

    ReplyDelete