Monday, August 22, 2011

The Secret's Out

Here's what we posted on facebook today...

Tim drew this shortly after we found out.

As an update, I'm 16 weeks along now. That means I'm almost done with my fourth month. Tonight Tim and I spent hours trying to find a new OB/GYN. Unfortunately since our current insurance kicked in August 1st, they don't accept where we went for the first appointment. So now we have to hunt down a new doctor and start over. We just really want to get in to see the doctor again!

Symptoms wise I had days of nausea during the first trimester and certain foods made me gag, but that is mostly behind me (some foods still make me gag). My biggest complaint is headaches. I have to make sure I eat regularly, am perfectly hydrated, get the right amount of sleep...yada yada yada to not set off another headache. It's nearly impossible to keep in perfect balance. It was the worst when we were traveling in Michigan because we could not control every element so I was bound to get a headache for one reason or another every day. Being home makes it easier and the headaches less frequent. I also have a small pooch up front, but it just looks like I gained weight over the summer (which I haven't).

In other news, MI was a fantastic experience for us! We had so much fun just being with family! Danielle was a great hostess, however she did not acquiesce to my every request, so I am left slightly disappointed. For shame Danielle! I pried as many stories out of our relatives as I possibly could. Tim and I also brought home grandma D's pictures because they are fading from the acid in the albums they're stored in. We are going to fix them up and send them back to grandma. Hopefully we will scan them too. We also played the genes game out there. Luke, Leona, Abby, and Emma all seem to have grandma H's chin and jaw (and so do the rest of her great grand babies) and right now it looks like they may have grandma D's nose, but I did not see a baby picture of grandma D so I'm not positive. Matt and Tim look just like dad from when he was younger, but Matt also has some strong resemblances to our uncle Del. Aaron is the spitting image of uncle Duane and David (giant mouth, long hair, and all). Thom has a long lost twin who comes in the form of our cousin Seth (who recently turned 18). Danielle looks like our mammy of course. Tim said I looked like mom too until he met uncle Doug...Then he said I could be the female version of uncle Doug...And I REALLY don't know how to take that!

Tim and I both start school on Wednesday. We are both going to SJSU together! I'm trying to get us to wear matching back packs and come up with a secret handshake, but he refuses! I'm so excited we get to go to school together. We planned our schedules to line up as much as possible so we can travel to and from school together, and when my belly gets huge I can make him carry me to class!...Maybe carry my books?...Ok, at least he can give me a firm nudge in the right direction.


5 comments:

  1. We found an OB/GYN! We find out September 2nd what we're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO MAN!!!! Also i watched 7 brides for 7 brothers and there was a scene that reminded me of when i found out about said bun in said oven... Gideon (the youngest brother) finds out the main girl is pregnant, and he just stands there, says "Im an uncle..." and faints. pretty much how it happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting Alli!!! We can't wait to find out what you are having!

    As for the headaches, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! I got a little sick to my stomach at first but the headaches were the worst. I made my younger brother squeeze my head for me in this vice grip but hey it worked. I don't remember exactly when they stopped hurting but it wasn't the whole pregnancy so just hold out a little bit longer. It seemed like once I was pass the 20th week it got better.

    As for your trip to MI, Matt and I both so jealous! We really wanna go out sometime, hopefully next year. Glad you had so much fun. Get in all the vacations you can before little baby timison (lol) comes along (or you get to big to want to do anything).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're happy you enjoyed the Michigan trip. But I will suffer no complaints about headaches. Just handle them! :)

    Finding a doctor can be so fun. We moved from Michigan to Utah when Matt was on the way. She had a dream that he'd be born in a hospital, and an LDS doctor who told her not to worry. Otherwise we would have waited. Matt was born nine days after our arrival. (My journal says we arrived in Springville 9-23, a day after Mom's birthday. Matt was born 10-02.) Sharon met once with the mid-wife before delivery. She met the doctor as he caught the kid. Funny thing: he was called to the hospital really early in the morning. He told them he had no patient named Sharon DeGriselles, and almost didn't come in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Scary Berries. Good Choice. Pickles, not so much.

    Baby. Good Choice. Headaches. Not so much.

    DeGriselles genes. Good Choice. Thelin genes...

    Just kidding. Anyways, Alli we are so happy for you. It couldn't have taken you any longer. Luke and Leona are just super excited to even get more cousins. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete