Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just Bragging

So, as many of you may know, or can at least guess, I'm not a huge fan of Thom being in the National Guard but it's what we felt we should do. Anyway, he has been going through officer training for the past year and he's almost done! He will be gone for three weeks in the end of July for which he will miss our anniversary again and Luke's first day of school (not a fan of him leaving) but at the end he will commission as a Second Lieutenant. This last weekend he had his last drill weekend in San Luis Obispo (where he has been going once a month for the last year). While there they finished up some tests and did peer evaluations. This is where the bragging comes in... There are about 30 people in Thom's "class" of officer candidates and they had to write an evaluation for each other. They had to give three positive points and three areas of improvement for each person in their class. Then they had to rate their peers and put them in order 1-30, one being the best in the class. Well, Mr. Thom was ranked number 1 by his peers. I am proud of him and just wanted you all to know that Thom seems to be quite the soldier. It has been a big sacrifice for our family and more is coming, but I'm very glad to know that Thom has put in his part while he has been away.

5 comments:

  1. That is really, really cool! Way to go Thom, and way to go Sarah...I don't know how you do!! We look up to you both for some many reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Congratulations. Being voted as such by your peers means something for your future as an officer, Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Thom being in the National Guard either. I worry about all of you and this just adds a little more to worry about. I do want you both to know how proud we are of both of you. Thom couldn't do what he does without the support that Sarah gives him. Way to go both of you. Looking forward to have the kids spend the night soon.
    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I don't know how you do it. I remember when Aaron didn't get to go into the airforce(or something like that) I was so excited and relieved. Thom is making an amazing sacrifice but so are you. I love you both and you are both amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing job Thom! You guys are amazing and are working so hard, I'm glad everyone else is noticing too!

    ReplyDelete