Sunday, June 5, 2011

I guess I am a nurse

So funny thing. There is a saying that when you start dreaming in Spanish is when you are more comfertable with the language (or something to that effect). I have wondered if it is the same for nursing. So the point of that is I had a dream the other night. In this dream I was an RN just fresh out of school. I was at a nursing home working, suddenly I was the DON (director of nursing). I had no experience and had no idea what I was doing. It was past time to start passing meds and I had no idea who anyone was. I had a patient who needed a bath and breakfast and he was leaving soon. I couldn't find my LPN or my CNA to help. As I get his pills read, they are in a pill box, I notice that all of the pills are spilt and I have no idea of what pills are what so I don't know what pills he needs this morning. I also have thirty other patients I have to take care of, each with messed up med boxes. It was a nightmare! I was so flustered. Right before I woke up I took a deap breath and started getting my patient ready for the day.

2 comments:

  1. If I had to interpret your dream I would that you realize no matter how tough or scary things may be you'll be able to handle it and I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a pretty vivid dream. Isn't is great to know it was just a dream. I agree with Britt. I hate bad dreams.
    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete