Monday, August 26, 2013

6 Months Old!


My little man is 6 months old...when did that happen?! I remember so vividly arriving at the hospital 6 months ago being only 38 weeks pregnant. Abby was a week early so I figured Liam would be early too but never thought he would be 2 weeks early! When the doctor asked if we wanted to have a baby that day Matt and I were both excited and nervous and over-joyed. When little Liam was born we couldn't believe how blessed we were. I remember holding him close to me. When the doctor said he would need to go to the NICU because he was having troubles breathing I was worried but at the same time I felt a peace. I know that he wouldn't be there for long. I never suspected he would be at the hospital for 12 days. It was the longest 12 days I think Matt and I went through. The whole time though I knew Liam would be ok and I knew soon I would be able to bring him home. Well he did come home and since he has been home he has brought a warmth to our home! 

Liam is such a happy little boy! When Abby was his age she was constantly on the move, wiggling from here to there. Liam is just content to sit in your lap and cuddle. His smile is so contagious and just brightens in my day. I love to make him laugh by tickling under his arms or making a goofy face. When I think of Liam I just think of HAPPY, it just sums him up so perfectly! 

At his 6-month appointment Liam measured 27.3" (79%), 17lbs 8oz (51%), and his head measured 17.5" (83%). Right now he has three teeth on bottom (one we just noticed yesterday), he rolls around like crazy (tummy to back and vice-versa), and he LOVES beans and carrots. We love our little man so much and feel so grateful to have him in our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment