Monday, February 11, 2013

What do I call it now, "The Kids Room"?

On Saturday, February 9th, my amazing sister and mom threw me the cutest baby shower (pics coming soon) and Liam and I got spoiled! I got so many cute items I am just in awe with how blessed I am. On Sunday Matt and I decided to start organizing all our loot and decided to go all out and get Liam/Abby's room ready. We spent the whole day organizing, cleaning, arranging, and shopping to get everything just right for when little Liam comes in 3.5 weeks. Even though it was a lot of hard work it was so much fun for me to see things come together and feel so productive. Abby and Liam will be sharing a room until we find a place of our own but we made sure it was super cute and perfect for the two of them...



Another project I worked on yesterday with help from my mom was Liam's bassinet. We used the same one we used with Abby (and truth be told it's actually the same bassinet my mom used with me and her mom and dad used with her, talk about a heirloom). When we used it with Abby it had a pink cover and pink mattress sheet so we had to update it for a little boy. My mom sewed this cover and sheet and I think she did pretty stinkin amazing considering all she did was eyeball it and take a few measurements. I steered clear of the sewing machine (click here if you need a reminder why) and helped take measurements and do some of the cutting. I think it turned out perfect! 


Since we were on a roll we decided to get the car seat out of storage and as soon as Abby saw it she deiced it was "Abby's" car seat, lol. Pretty much all of Liam's stuff (clothes, crib, bassinet, toys) Abby decided were "Abby's". It will make the next couple of months very interesting to say the least.


It was an extremely busy and tiring weekend but a very productive one as well! We have the hospital bag to pack now and I think we will pretty much be ready for Liam! (Well as ready as we can be, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment